Spay Today Surgery Information
SPAY TODAY-PROGRAM - PRE SURGERY INSTRUCTIONS...
Please Remember a Spay or Neuter is a major surgical event for you and your pet... Please ask questions, and follow all recommended release protocols.
Feel free to Ask to speak with our Patient advocate for advice and information.
( ALL coupons must be presented at hospital admission).Pre-Surgery Instructions:
- No food after midnight the night before surgery.
- No water after 6 am the morning of surgery
- Pain medication may be administered. A discounted price is offered per injection, and usually only one is required. This charge must be paid when patient is released.
- Coupon must accompany pet at time of drop off. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Drop off is between 7am and 9am
- Cats must be in carriers and dogs must be on a leash
- If cat or dog is pregnant or in heat or if the dog weighs more than originally described, owner must pay the difference at BRVA when the pet is released.
- To reschedule or cancel an appointment, call the hospital and then call Spay Today with the new date. For cancellation, a 24 hour notice is required, or a fee may be imposed.
- Pets should be picked up as close to 8pm as possible. Surgeries are performed early in the day, and pets should be recovered by 6pm. However, please call to be sure pet is ready to be released. Records will be ready by 7pm, however, leaving pet in-hospital for a few hours after surgery will allow Veterinary observation for a more sufficient time.
- Vouchers are valid for two months, are not replaceable, and must be returned to Spay Today for refund, if necessary.
- If rabies vaccine is not purchased from BRVA, a valid rabies certificate must be presented to Veterinarian at time of hospitalization or else another vaccine must be given by BRVA and billed to owner. Double-vaccination will not be harmful to pet, but is an added expense not necessary if owner complies.
- Pets' nails will be trimmed while under sedation at no charge to owner. If this service is not desired, please ask check-in receptionist to note file accordingly.
- A new-client information sheet, a surgical release form, and treatment consent forms will be presented for owner to fill out and sign. Please allow 15 minutes at drop-off time to complete.
- Bring any current vaccine records for your Pet.